Park Regis City Centre is devoted to reducing its carbon footprint and introducing and maintaining programs and initiatives which provide ecological and enviromental sustainability.
Proof of the hotel’s commitment came in 2011, when Park Regis City Centre won the City of Sydney’s Lord Mayor’s Award for Sustainability. See more on the City of Sydney website
Park Regis City Centre is committed to a wide variety of sustainable practices including:
- Installing curtains/blinds to block out heat in summer and minimise need for air conditioning;
- Using eco-friendly cleaning materials;
- Conducting an audit of the hotel’s energy use to understand energy use trends;
- Using energy-efficient infrastructure such as long-life light bulbs, link room lighting to key cards;
- Making recycling bins readily available and accessible – something not typically seen in hotels;
- Implementing procedures for cutting down and managing food wastage;
- Recycling light bulbs; and
- Cutting down on paper usage for business meetings by having everything available electronically, as well as supporting the RSPCA by donating shredded paper.